This is hard!!! For a few different reasons. 1st I just don't feel good, I have read that I can increase the protein if I need to but I want to give it a few days before I change anything. I just keep thinking I need a few raw almonds to get me by till it is time to eat. I know that I am a baby so I am trying really hard to be brave and stick it out. I always give up on things when they feel too hard or I am not succeeding so I really need to stick with this. I am hoping this will be the end of self indulgence. This really is about more than just weight for me.
2nd I am cranky!!! I feel so irritable and I just want to be alone. Yesterday Silas was just being a 2 year old boy (which it is hard to find Patience on normal days) but Yesterday was even harder. I finally looked at him and said "Silas, mommy is very grumpy today and I really need your help." To my surprise my son who always wants to play tackle football and has no time for hugs or kisses said. "Mama hug?" And reached over and gave me a hug!!! Then said "mama kiss?" And gave me a kiss, I couldn't believe he was old enough to put all that together. What a sweetie it really meant the world to me. I cry about it every time time I think of it.
3rd I am a tense person, I get worked up easily about things, and I stress. I always eat something before I go to bed so I saved half an apple for before bed. I ate it too early though and was feeling hungry trying to fall asleep. That made me really tense, which made me clench my jaw, which made me tighten all the muscles in my head and now I have a monster of a headache. I need to learn to RELAX but it is really hard for me!!!!
THE GOOD NEWS is I lost 2 lbs!!!! I am LOVING eating this healthy. Last night I had Tilapia, a huge bowl of spinach with lemon, salt and pepper on it..... and a couple of melba crackers. YUM! I am excited to change the way I think about food and to shrink my appetite. I drank a gallon of water yesterday and I felt so energized from that, and I am loving the herbal tea it helps me relax. Thanks for all the motivating comments!!!!!
3 comments:
I hope it starts to get better soon, in the sense of not feeling well. That is really sweet what Silas did; kids can do the smallest of things and it makes the world seem better.
Have you heard of Yogi tea? It's an herbal tea and it helps you sleep at night. You might try it!! I have the hardest time falling asleep because I just can't stop THINKING about everything; total A.D.D at night. But this really help me relax!!!
'Yogi Bedtime'. I know it's at Albertson's.
ah that is so sweet of silas. i cannot wait for max to give me hugs and kisses!
keep it up! you are doing great! (i would be feeling the same as you, there is no way i could do just 500 calories a day!)
What is the ole' annoying yet totally true saying??? You know...the one about anything worth anything does not come easy! You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there....
what do you think about Yoga? lol
Post a Comment