I've been looking around lately taking notice of all the amazing women in my life. Sometimes (as most women do) I compare myself and start to feel somewhat inferior. As a women I feel the need to be talented. I want to be a amazing cook, parent, decorator, friend, writer and the list goes on and on. I know it is impossible to be all those things, but am I the only one that compares? I will look at others blogs and think why can't I cook like her? Some are sooooo skinny and beautiful that you just feel dang UGLY around them. Others write beautifully sometimes they make you laugh other times you want to cry. Some have an amazing talent of refinishing things and making something that was ugly beautiful. Others have crazy hard burdens to bear and you wonder how they are able to smile and be an uplifting fun person ALL THE TIME. Some people have really cute apartments or houses and seem to know how to decorate EVERY corner. Some people walk as if they never doubted themselves and are sure of every decisions that they have ever made. Some people are on amazing personal journeys that have led them to lead others in changing their life. Some are so healthy and have committed to never eating anything bad for you again! Others are physically fit, they are strong and able to run in Marathons. Some make the most amazing things, (books, hair things, towels, hats, and soooo on!). Others have the most amazing style, and ALWAYS look so put together. Sooooo I was thinking I just want to tell you all how amazing you are! I am going to stop comparing and just feel THANKFUL to have all of you amazing Women in my life. HAppy Valentines Day a day late. SPREAD THE LOVE!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
To be a Women
I've been looking around lately taking notice of all the amazing women in my life. Sometimes (as most women do) I compare myself and start to feel somewhat inferior. As a women I feel the need to be talented. I want to be a amazing cook, parent, decorator, friend, writer and the list goes on and on. I know it is impossible to be all those things, but am I the only one that compares? I will look at others blogs and think why can't I cook like her? Some are sooooo skinny and beautiful that you just feel dang UGLY around them. Others write beautifully sometimes they make you laugh other times you want to cry. Some have an amazing talent of refinishing things and making something that was ugly beautiful. Others have crazy hard burdens to bear and you wonder how they are able to smile and be an uplifting fun person ALL THE TIME. Some people have really cute apartments or houses and seem to know how to decorate EVERY corner. Some people walk as if they never doubted themselves and are sure of every decisions that they have ever made. Some people are on amazing personal journeys that have led them to lead others in changing their life. Some are so healthy and have committed to never eating anything bad for you again! Others are physically fit, they are strong and able to run in Marathons. Some make the most amazing things, (books, hair things, towels, hats, and soooo on!). Others have the most amazing style, and ALWAYS look so put together. Sooooo I was thinking I just want to tell you all how amazing you are! I am going to stop comparing and just feel THANKFUL to have all of you amazing Women in my life. HAppy Valentines Day a day late. SPREAD THE LOVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Totally with ya Emily! It has always bothered me how us women can nit-pick ourselves to death instead of seeing our individuality and our special gifts and talents we have. Thanks for shedding light on how wonderful all of us are. I know that you are marvelous and many of the positive traits that you listed.
Love to you,
Heather
i kept reading your list....and at the end said....Nope, none of those categories do I fit into, but I agree....they exist and I envy them. I'll just stick to the Loyal, sometimes irrational friend category:) lol I'm good with that!
Love ya
Emily, usually I give my wife Debbie an update on Silasland. . . ..but. . . .she will forgo the update on Valentine's Day. . . . The rest of us look like failures in comparison! Glad you two had a great celebration!
. . . .and of course, being old, I left the comment on the wrong entry. . . :-) sorry
I do the same thing...I think we all look at the things we lack...or think we lack...Emily you are pretty much amazing in my book!
Have you heard the song "SHE" from the women of destiny (vol 1) I love it...also "Who you are" from the same CD....I blast those when I am having one of "those" days.
Love you!
Post a Comment