Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Refinishing

Ethan and I are working on Refinishing our Table. Do any of my blogger friends have advice for us? We have it sanded and now we are ready to stain it. Please share any advice you have, and of course wish us luck!

4 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

do you have a stain color picked yet? I think the only advice I can think of is Be Patient! Don't rush. makeovers like this are so much fun :)
Good luck!

Summer said...

I found this really good video online that takes you through step by step. http://www.ronhazelton.com/archives/howto/kitchen-table-restoration-video.shtm

I thought it was helpful...but I still haven't done ours either. Hope it goes well! Oh I also heard to never shake the polyurethane because you'll get bubbles.

JoshandMegs said...

Thank you Emily. I feel like I am an open and honest person, just haven't been open about these certain subjects I am going to talk about. There are some family members who can be a bit critical about them so I have never opened up; to avoid controversy. But I am ready to be able to speak up and not worry about certain opinions:)Thankfully I have a husband and a couple of sisters who feel the same way about these things!:)

JoshandMegs said...

I LOVE Planet Earth! Though I don't watch the parts with animals eating other animals, or the weird Ants.
To get the list on your blog you need to go to your Dashboard > Layout > Add a Gadget.
Then in the Gadget list, choose BLOG LIST.
Click 'Add to List' and put in each URL individually. ex: www.joshandmeagan.blogspot.com
And viola!
In that same box you can choose to have your blogs sorted alphabetically or in order of who posted last. etc.

Notes: Private Blogs will not show you when it's been updated (something I hope is changed one day). So if you have it sorted by who posted last, the private blogs will eventually always be at the bottom.
Also, when you first add the private blogs URL, a box will pop up saying that it could not detect a URL. Just click OK. It's just saying that because it is a private blog.
Plus, you will want to Rename the blog. Otherwise it will be shown as 'Blogger:login to read', rather then the name of the blog.

WOW! Long comment! Hope this helps!