
We did the insemination today! Ethan was able to leave work and come down to the clinic with me. We started with an ultrasound to see how many Follicles I had...there were 3. That means there is a potential of 3 babies. BIG DECISIONS to make!!! We could inseminate with all 3 which ups our chances of getting pregnant, but the nurse said they would encourage me to "remove an embryo" if all 3 took. There is NO WAY I would do that, so we decided to destroy one of my follicles. WOW it was painful, I did get some really good meds just before to help with the pain (I felt really loopy and lightheaded). Right after they punctured my ovary and sucked out the follicle (really it wasn't as bad as it sounds) they did the insemination. Don't get me wrong I am not one of those really brave people, just before the procedure a few tears escaped my eyes ( I was trying to hold them in but they came out anyway). It just sounds so horrible when the nurse says they are putting a needle up inside of you into your ovary! But it was fast, I am sure giving birth is more painful. After that was all done I had some acupuncture done. The clinic encourages it for patients, it helps with blood flow and relaxation. I was so lucky to have it done today, Scott (the acupuncturist) doesn't usually work on Mondays and just happened to be there, and there just happened to be an open room at the clinic on one of their busiest days. I felt so lucky that everything fell into place today. I am full of gratitude right now for all of my dear friends that have baby sat Silas for my many many Doctor appointments, for those that helped give me my shots, and of course for the ones that were able to stick by me even when I was highly emotional on my many meds. I feel very lucky to have so many great people in my life. We find out in 2 weeks if we are pregnant! I will update all of you either way, I am not a private person. Think fertile thoughts for us.
7 comments:
YAY! I am so, SO excited for you and that is is all working out so well! Fertile thoughts and prayers from us!!
My fingers are crossed and prayers are being said :) Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Wow, what an adventure heh? We are happy that everything worked out for you guys yesterday. Our prayers are with your future success in mind. See you in a couple days!
Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck Ethan & Emily! What an amazing step! I really hope and pray for you that you get great news in a couple of weeks!
Oh, and yes I did get wax for my braces; so funny to think I am wearing them again, I am just grateful they aren't visable because I felt like a little kid when I used to have them.
How amazing would it be if you got twins!:) Happy thoughts...and yes, fertile thoughts!
here are some fertile thoughts coming your way!!!
what a journey - you are so awesome and i am praying it works out for you especially on this first try!! i wonder if there are any things you can do to encourage the pregnancy to happen? like vitamins or something...i am going to research and let you know!
Take Luck! You are in my prayers! :)
We're extremely good at fertile thoughts. Those, and our prayers are directed your way.
Post a Comment