Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fertility Treatment


Ethan and I decided to do fertility treatments. We started.............I guess I should say I started (Ethan doesn't have to do anything but be a support) about a week ago. I took about 5 days of Clomid which wasn't too bad but made me quite emotional. Then on Sunday I had my first shot, it was in my stomach. My friend gave me the shot, I just couldn't do it myself. THANK YOU Alesha!!! Then I went to the doc on Monday, my follicles were not big enough yet so that meant more shots!!!! Yikes!!! I decided I better learn to do it. Tuesday I gave myself my first shot in my stomach and it was so EASY!!!! I couldn't believe how it didn't hurt and how fast it went. Today I woke up feeling quite confident to give myself my last shot (hopefully) and things just did not go well. First of all I did the shot a little two high, second............ once I got the needle in my stomach the plunger part got stuck and I couldn't get it to move. I was pushing it in to my stomach too hard as I was TRYING to get the stupid plunger to MOVE. I finally got the medicine to go in and it burned really bad. When I pulled the needle out I was bleeding......my other 3 shots never bled. I got really light headed, layed down on the floor and called Ethan. As soon as I heard his voice I started crying. Today was a hard day, the shot experience freaked me out and I felt sick all day long. Not to mention really emotional from all these crazy amounts of hormones I am pumping into myself. Yesterday though was a really GREAT day, I gave myself my very first shot and felt like I could conquer the world!!! I NEVER thought I would be able to do it, but I did!!! I go to the doc tomorrow, hopefully my follicles (those are the eggs when they are still in your ovaries) are 19mm big. When I went on Monday they were only 6-9mm. IF the follicles are big enough then we can inseminate on Friday. That would mean only one more shot for me (to get the follicle to release the egg into my uterus). I have learned so much about the human body....it is truly a miracle every time someone gets pregnant. I believe in miracles!

4 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

That's wonderful that you're taking this step Emily; I hope it goes wonderful and you receive good news at your next appointment. Giving myself a shot sounds scary, so that's great you were able to conquer it. And you're right, the miracle of getting pregnant and growing a baby inside of you is amazing, crazy, weird, and wonderful. Hopefully you will be able to post exciting news in not too long:)
Ps. Silas looks so grown up the pictures below. And he definitely still looks like Ethan. They are very cute.

Big R said...

When you speak of miracles, never underestimate the power of the miracle you (the 3 of you +)are in the lives of others. Because of that miracle, many others are exercising their faith and prayers for delivery of the miracle you seek.

Andi said...

All the shots suck. There's no way around it. Especially when you have to give yourself a pep talk to do one of the big needle ones in your thigh. But, I knew I made the right decision to do it myself because when I showed Tate the needle he went pasty white. :)

And just remind yourself that YOU are a rational person... just not with all those hormones. So don't be too hard on yourself.

I wish you the best! And those pictures of Silas...he is so cute!

the mortensen's said...

ok, we need to catch up! I am so excited for you guys and we will pray that everything works out! Good luck!