Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SMILE

We have had some interesting experiences lately that have caused a lot of changes to my perceptions on life. I am so grateful for everything that Ethan and I have experienced, I am so happy to have learned such valuable lessons.
The other day I was getting off the highway on Broadway and there was a man standing on the side of the road holding a sign. I immediately locked my doors ( like I always do when I see a bum), except this guy wasn't a bum. He was holding a sign that said SMILE!!! That is exactly what I needed to see, I was in such a bad mood that day. It was one of those days where it feels like Emily vs the world!!! That sign just made me realize how much better you feel just from smiling. I told Ethan the story and he is determined to make a sign and hold it up on a busy intersection on our date night. Sounds fun and crazy too me, so I guess my local friends might just see us on the side of the road one night!!! Anyone is welcome to join us.

3 comments:

Big R said...

You make us all smile. Thanks for opening the door.

KlassenKlan said...

Great idea!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

ooooooh my goodness, all I could think when I read this was "I hope the police don't come after you when you try and do a good deed" YEAH REMEMBER?!?! lol I can just see someone calling you guys in, not reading the sign, and all the drama that ensues lol But I love it, I love that idea and I hope you guys do it! you guys are so so awesome! I wish we lived close.