I laughed and laughed, then Mom and Dad, Christy, Alisha and Eric all showed up dressed like they just walked out of 1981! I LOVED IT! Melissa, Darren and the kids came too, but needed some help embracing the 80's look. Of course no one was going to let me look normal like I do in this first picture, Christy took me upstairs and started ratting my hair and spraying tons of hair spray in it. Then Ethan re wrote some of the words to 99 red balloons and sent everyone to pop balloons, but if they popped a balloon they had to share a story or memory of me. Of course my whole family shared silly stories. Some of the balloons had a clue in them as to where my presents were, so I had to go on a treasure hunt to find my gifts. Luckily Silas helped me when Ethan wasn't paying attention. I really don't know if I would have found one of my gifts without Silas. Thanks Ethan you are the best husband ever!!!
Friday, September 16, 2011
30 years old!!!
I had a fabulous 30th birthday this year thanks to Ethan. When I got home from work we went and ate at Kneaders. Then we came home and Ethan said that family was coming over for cake. 5 mins before anyone came Ethan went upstairs and came back down in this 80's getup! It is hard to see but his pants are pegged!
I laughed and laughed, then Mom and Dad, Christy, Alisha and Eric all showed up dressed like they just walked out of 1981! I LOVED IT! Melissa, Darren and the kids came too, but needed some help embracing the 80's look. Of course no one was going to let me look normal like I do in this first picture, Christy took me upstairs and started ratting my hair and spraying tons of hair spray in it. Then Ethan re wrote some of the words to 99 red balloons and sent everyone to pop balloons, but if they popped a balloon they had to share a story or memory of me. Of course my whole family shared silly stories. Some of the balloons had a clue in them as to where my presents were, so I had to go on a treasure hunt to find my gifts. Luckily Silas helped me when Ethan wasn't paying attention. I really don't know if I would have found one of my gifts without Silas. Thanks Ethan you are the best husband ever!!!
I laughed and laughed, then Mom and Dad, Christy, Alisha and Eric all showed up dressed like they just walked out of 1981! I LOVED IT! Melissa, Darren and the kids came too, but needed some help embracing the 80's look. Of course no one was going to let me look normal like I do in this first picture, Christy took me upstairs and started ratting my hair and spraying tons of hair spray in it. Then Ethan re wrote some of the words to 99 red balloons and sent everyone to pop balloons, but if they popped a balloon they had to share a story or memory of me. Of course my whole family shared silly stories. Some of the balloons had a clue in them as to where my presents were, so I had to go on a treasure hunt to find my gifts. Luckily Silas helped me when Ethan wasn't paying attention. I really don't know if I would have found one of my gifts without Silas. Thanks Ethan you are the best husband ever!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Emily,
Happy Belated 30th Birthday Girl! I have loved pouring over your last few blog posts and just enjoying your summer with you. It was exactly what I needed to see and know that we were brought closer in the last while because we needed each other!
It was my pleasure to throw you the shower and so much fun to see the joy of bringing Samara into this world with you! I am so glad she is finally here and that you get to spend time with her and the rest of your family.
Here's to a nice peaceful and calm fall. Girl we know we both need one!
Love you to death,
Heath
Oh wow, those were the days right? Puberty and all 80s style.
Post a Comment